Sunday, November 9, 2008

What is our "agenda"....

I have been reading around the internet the last few days about the election results and I have, quite honestly, been pretty bummed out.  I have been thinking about our "agenda," meaning the Republican agenda, and how we need to regroup, seek out up and coming leaders, etc.  I have been in and out of prayer, probably not as I should, but as I went along on my "own" business for the day.  Today I was back in 1 Peter.  

My conclusion, not from me, but from the Lord,  is that our "agenda" does not reside in our political party.  Our "agenda" lies in the Word of our Lord and Savior.  

LOVE:  Mark 12:30  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.  The second is this:  Love your neighbor as yourself.

FEED MY SHEEP:  John 21:17  Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."

LOOK AFTER ORPHANS AND WIDOWS:  James 1:27  Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this:  to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

LISTEN AND DO:  James 1:19  Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.  James 1:22  Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves.  Do what it says.

PRAY:  2 Chronicles 14  If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Thank You God, Almightly, Creator of Heaven and Earth for Your continued Sovereignty and Grace.  Thank You Jesus for Your sacrifice for me.  Thank You for answered prayers and for never letting me go.  I pray that many will be healed through the next four years.  That many will have hope that they have never had before.  I pray for the revival of the United States and for our world to come together in His name.  

The USA is not the country or the "one" to look to for worldwide "leadership."  God wants us to look to Him.    That message came to me so clearly this afternoon.  Yes, as Christians in this country, we need to set an example and live as Christ did.  We need to lead people to Him though, not to the USA.  

May God bless us and the USA.  May we, as Christians, be all that He has called us to be and remember He is ALWAYS in control.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder. You said it so clearly.