Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Afraid to Admit...but I've been tagged...

I was tagged by my dear cousin a few weeks ago. I have never been tagged before and, while I thoroughly enjoy reading other "tagged" responses, I become overwhelmed with indecision and fear of being judged when I have been asked to respond. I guess that could be #1 on feelings...Anyway, here goes.

Category 1 Feelings
1. I have a fear of being judged and not liked when I speak my heart.
2. I am often lonely. (Note to self...perhaps that has to do with being afraid; see #1)
3. Sometimes I feel God's presence and am overwhelmed with emotion.

Category 2 Physical Characteristics
1. After having a hysterectomy 3 years ago, I have love handles and hips that I did not have before.
2. I like my toes, especially when they are painted.
3. I long for beautiful fingernails and bigger breasts at times. I will not do anything about either though. I tried fake nails and thought they were too much trouble to keep up. I won't subject my "self", body or family to plastic surgery.

Category 3 Weird things
1. I am persnickity about how the dishwasher is loaded and will re-load if someone else loaded it "for" me. I am getting better because I need the help and my husband has learned to start the dishwasher before I see how it is loaded.
2. I am a political junkie. I am trying to wean myself at this time.
3. I am also a real estate junkie. I love looking at things for sale. I wonder if this is why I loved Monopoly when I was a kid.

Category 4 Past
1. I feel like I wasted my high school and college years living for the world instead of living for God.
2. I have been arrested for trespassing. All charges were dropped. Quite a ridiculous antic over a "boy!"
3. I missed most of my high school senior English and Economics classes because I felt like it and forged my father's signature. I have come clean with my dad and my children are vaguely aware of this.
**Every day is a gift and yesterday is my past. Today is new and yesterday is GONE! Woohoo! Hence, make it count TODAY!**

Category 5 Misc.
1. I am 40 years old and I love being "mature." I feel like I finally know what my values are and feel confident enough to stand by them. I don't succumb to peer pressure as much as I used to.
2. I am forgiven and loved by the One.
3. My family ROCKS and I love spending time with them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

#3 on physical characteristics-you can have MINE!
#2 on feelings-me too
#3 on feelings-have been longing for this lately
#1 on weird things-amazing, me too! Nice work Curtis on starting it before she sees
#1 on Past-who doesn't? Well, at least high school for me
#2 on Misc. all that matters

steffany said...

love it and you.
thanks

Incognito said...

I am so happy when you blog!