Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Topsy-Turvy...

We are having a "I am doing a new thing--(God)" moment at our house. We found out that my husband's job is significantly changing as of 3/1/09 two weeks ago today. It seems surreal at this moment. Yesterday I was full of anger and wanted to lash out at everybody. Today is better. Today is much better.

We have decided to sell our house. The sign went up last Thursday. We have decided to trust God with the details of the future. My stud muffin has had this job for 20 years. Never did we imagine that it could or would be changed or taken away as it has. I know that many people are suffering this same fate right now. I am amazed at the resiliency of people. I am amazed at my children. They have been absolutely fabulous. I have a new found understanding of the important people in my life. I have a new appreciation for many things that I have taken for granted--my family, our kid's school, our church, my friends, my home, what we thought was our security.

So, as we wait, I am hopeful that I will recognize what I have all around me and be STILL.

So do not throw away your confidence it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.
Hebrews 10:35...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I am so sorry to hear this. Wow. Is he going to try to get a job at another hospital? What happened? Call me if you want to talk. I love you guys and am praying for what God has around the bend.

steffany said...

Just wait.....You'll be amazed by what God has planned for you all.

Hey, you guys can come move in with us:)

Incognito said...

I love you Laura! Has anyone told you how AMAZING you are and how well you are doing to get through this? You rock lady and you are an inspiration! I am always here for you!