Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Great News...

Major news today--the sun rose after Super Tuesday and a McCain "win" and I am happy, alive, blessed and loved in spite of it. Whew, I thought that would be close. Curtis would not let me watch tv last night. I am thankful. As for politics, I am still hoping for a brokered convention. As for life in general, my friend Ann put it in perspective: we lived through 8 years of Bill, we can live through 4-8 years of McCain. I CANNOT believe I just typed that "out loud!" I truly don't want that man representing the United States...but, I definately don't want Hillary so, there you go!

On to other Major news...I finished the quilt I have been working on AND got it off to the professional quilter to have it machine quilted today! Yeah! I was drafted by my lovey to do the kindergarten quilt for our fundraiser at school. It turned out so cute with the kids each contributing at least one square. HUGE check on the to-do list. Did not even think to take a picture of it. I'll have to do that once I get it back.

Our company left this afternoon to head back to Pennsylvania. My friend Ann and her husband and daughter were here visiting. We had a wonderful time. They used to live here in New Braunfels and our daughters were the best of friends for the first 3 years of their lives. They are still pretty good friends now because they share the same interests and we are able to get together every few years. We were blessed to see them twice in the last year. This summer we were able to get to New York and see Beauty and the Beast together on Broadway. That was the best show...highly recommend it. I am extremely thankful for Ann. She is a friend for life and I am glad to know her and to be able to call her such!

The weather here today is absolutely gorgeous--in the mid 60's with BEAutiful blue skies. My son is ready to ride bikes and I am sitting on my bottom blogging...something is wrong with this picture! So, off we go. May God bless you and keep you!

3 comments:

steffany said...

How blessed we are 2 posts in a week. I love it!

Alexandra looks beautiful!
Did you do the quilt by yourself?
Good job momma!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome memory...making a quilt with your children and for their school. That's so cool. You are a great mom Laura. You always have been.

Laura said...

Yes, the quilt top was done by myself. It is going to be wonderful--not because of my work but because of the kids. I should get it back next week! Yeah!