Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I want to be moved...

Wow, so much has happened in the last week. I was thinking it had been almost a month since last posting. Funny, time. One minute, I want it to slow down, the next, I am all about getting there and getting it done. No pun intended.

Last Tuesday I had lunch with some of the moms from my children's school. Our annual fundraiser is Friday and we were meeting to complete last minute details. A father of one of the children in the school was just air lifted from our smaller community hospital to a larger one. We prayed for him at lunch and have prayed for him fervently for the last week. He went to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon. I cannot imagine losing my husband, my children's father. I don't even know where to begin. The funeral will be this weekend. He has three small children and a loving wife. What to say? do? Why??? We met this morning at school and had our Mom's in Touch Prayer time. Praising God in the midst of tragedy. Glorifying Him in the midst of sorrow. I never thought I would be able to do that. One of the children prayed with his parents last night the his (the father's) ears not pop on his way to heaven. My daughter asked why I was sad..."Mom, I want to go there too! Heaven is going to be wonderful. You need to read about it in Revelations Mom, it sounds so beautiful!" How is it that they are so filled with faith? Where do we become jaded? (Puberty???)

Anyway, I was listening to Ginny Owens on the way to school with my daughter this morning. Her songs touch my heart and are so appropriate in so many of daily life activities. There is a chorus: I don't want to be a flame, I want to be a raging fire. Tired of my will, my way, Your calling is higher. And I know its time I stopped running from the truth. So, I'll stand here, still until I'm filled, I want to be moved....I am going to attempt to link the song....huge in my world! Such appropriate lyrics. God calls us to move. God calls us to act. Having faith is not passive, it is active. I am learning more and more. I have the desire to learn, read, discuss and learn some more about God and His will. I was really disappointed that our prayers were not answered and that he was not healed. If I have learned nothing else, though, I have learned that God's will is best and He will bring goodness from pain and loss. I pray that for the family who lost their daddy and husband this week. I pray that for the loss of children or other loved ones. I pray. God's will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

5 comments:

Incognito said...

How Glorious that God has another being in his arms...how sad for a wife, and children that are suffering such a huge loss. I will pray for this family.

Love you girl! Hang in there for the next few days. You have a lot going on, I'm praying for you too!

steffany said...

I'm sorry.
God's strength and sovereignty is so evident in times like these.

What a reminder to embrace today. this moment.

You are a beautiful woman Laura.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that you are learning all that. How awesome is it even that God would allow you to desire to grow & learn & ponder the things you've been feeling lately. I think that is a gift b/c so often we go through life and think we are right where we need to be while completely unaware of God's ability to move and do a new work in us. I can't imagine losing my husband. I am praying for that family.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I LOVE YOU!

Incognito said...

Girl, you have so much to say and NEVER post! WHY? I need your posts! Something funny, short, sweet, long, wordy....PLEASE post something!