Wednesday, March 19, 2008

How many hats do you wear?

--Carrots from our garden...
Busy does not begin to describe my life since last posting. It sounds so general and non-specific. I was reminded the other day about a comment my then 17 year old said to me..."What do you do all day?" Ha!

Let's see...since the last post I have helped raise funds for my children's school (Auction Chair), I had a birthday, we have closed on some property, I have learned a new phase of property management, we have made some new investments, I have hosted a family get together, I have created and sent out invoices, I have opened two new bank accounts and closed two old ones, my husband and I have taken the kids to Enchanted Rock in Fredricksburg, Texas and have gone out on a boat for the first time together in Marble Falls, Texas. All that before, during and after being a wife and mother.

Life gets so chaotic at times. I have also marveled at how God has been working behind the scenes of so many. My cousins are leaving for Ethiopia to welcome two new babies into their home--how wonderfully marvelous! To be able to see how far the Boster Clan has come since losing precious Marion and Emmanuel last summer. God is so good and His plan is so wonderful. There is new life on the way, in more ways than one.

How many hats do you wear? Which do you enjoy most? I want to put on the gardening hat today. Instead I am going to wear the Easter Bunny hat and create some memories for my children to unfold on Sunday. I did wear a chef's hat last night and made some Cedar Plank Tilapia (McCormick season packet marinade, grilled on planks of Cedar from Pampered Chef, super easy!), veggies and rice...all eaten by my finicky eater, by the way. He did not admit to liking ANYTHING but the rest of the family went back for more. I also made some wonderful cookies for dessert! YUMMY!!! ( Call Candace for the recipe : ) ) For dinner tonight, I may don the tourist hat and have my honey take us out...many smiles and nudges for whatever hat you place on top of your head today. May God bless you in all of your endeavors!

1 comment:

Incognito said...

You are so funny! I love it when you post! Please make it a goal to do this daily or at least 3-5 times a week! You make my day!