Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ladie's Night

I am so encouraged! For the first time in nine years, I went out with some girlfriends for dinner without husband and without children. What makes this particularly special is that my husband is at work and I had to hire a sitter. A sitter??? I have only done that 3-4 times since my children were born. I have had so much trouble leaving my kids alone with someone else. I am so thankful I did tonight. I met and visited with my neighbors. I have not done that since moving in 2 1/2 years ago. I learned so much tonight. I learned that I have a neighbor that writes books. She is an amazing Christian woman, a mother of four and she writes books. How cool is that? I also learned that we all have these hang ups about being around people that we don't know and that we all need to learn to let it go. We are all so much alike. Anyway, I am happy I went for it. Hired a sitter. Had a great dinner with some dinner drinks. And, we are going to do it again! Yeah!

On another note, if you have not checked in with Steff and Adam, please do. They are hoping to come home on Friday with the twins. Please keep them in your prayers. They can be found at toliveloveandlaugh.blogspot.com. I don't know how to make that a link...you can access it to the right side of this post. Anyway, they are exhausted and struggling to help these babies to get well. They need our prayers.

3 comments:

Incognito said...

I am so proud of you!!! Its amazing that there is a great big world out there with lots of cool people. Hopefully this is the first of many 'Ladies Nights!'

Anonymous said...

Isn't it so hard to make time to do those kind of things. I catch Lex & I often going weeks without a date. We realize that we have to continue to date our whole lives. Now with the baby on the way it'll take a lot of effort! I'm glad you overcame that and had an awesome night.

Major Mom said...

Ok, can I just say I am soooo glad not to be the only person in the world that loves the movie She's Having a Baby? That was the most fabulous movie of Kevin Bacon's career:) I am glad I found your blog. I love your love for JMAC (John McCain at our house:))