Friday, March 28, 2008

Blessed is He...

Sitting here with my Ipod on, jamming to Praise and Worship music. Shaking inside for the remarkable work of the One in the last few days. Wanting to sing at the top of my lungs, to shout to the Lord, to sing my praises to our King. I just cannot get over what has happened and what continues to happen in my life...not really my life but, in the lives of those I hold dear to my heart.

Steff and Adam, Daizey and Diezel are on their way home Sunday. Can I hear a WOO-HOO! I mean, a LOUD one! Praise God. I have seen so many of the Boster's dreams come true through their faithfulness and obedience. Dreams to serve and love and minister. That is what dreams are made of. We get so caught up in dreams that are sinister...first word that popped to mind. I mean, we get wrapped up in the material dreams of this world. How big of a house will I build? Can I have sophistication with that? I cannot do this or that...I am above that! YUCK! What kind of car can I afford? Not, what kind of car do I NEED to get me from here to there. UG!

I am overwhelmed with emotion. You know the kind that makes your head want to explode because you are in between crying and laughing, in between sobs and shouts for joy! I am so humbled. I can understand why Jesus calls us to sell everything and give it away to the poor more so today than I ever have. It is just stuff. I sometimes feel more shame for the way I live now than when I was trying to impress, when I was covering up for my "lack of" things. You know living on credit, the new outfits, shoes, cars, while I could not afford it. Now, we can afford it and I want to get rid of it. Rambling???

Just knowing what Steff and Adam have had to go through to give to two children, half a world away. What their children at home have had to give. AND, I truly have absolutely NO clue what it has really cost. The lack of sleep, the headaches, the different time, the different food, the whole experience is an absolute mystery. I have not gotten to talk with her on the phone to hear the exhaustion. I have not had to suffer with her through the headaches, lack of sleep. I have not had to send my wife off without me. I have not had to be away from my kids for months, then fly across the world to only be away from them that much longer. Yet, honestly, we are the ones who have been enriched. Adam and Steff have been blessed and will continue to be blessed by this remarkable journey. I know that Daizey and Diezel have given and they will continue to give to them. I know that they believe that...I do too. Children do that.

I see different perspectives forming in my mind. I don't know that I need to become MORE self loathing, I am already pretty good at that. I can, however, see where America is indulgent. Case in point, we ran clean water through our septic system today for a long time...I am embarrassed to tell you how long. Clean water, not gray water, clean water. Praise God for clean water. Something I take for granted daily. (We had to have the septic pumped out today...gross, I know...)There it is again. We have a septic system. Took that for granted too. We have indoor plumbing. We are so, I don't even have the right word.

I can only shake my head at this point. I don't know what else to say. I am thankful that I have the Boster Family in my life. I am so joyful that they are blessed with the opportunity to love and cherish Daizey and Diezel. I am thankful for all of Steff's blogging buddies! They are inspirational and I love reading about their lives. Thanks Steff and Adam for sharing your journey with us. Thanks for allowing us to view this part of your life and for allowing us to intercede on your behalf. And, thank you Lord, Jesus, for Adam and Steff, Daizey and Diezel, for running water, for septic systems, for the opportunity to live in the USA and for the life lessons you have presented this week. May I learn to seek You in everything.

6 comments:

Laura Lu said...

WHOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! (are REALLY LOUD ONE)

GLORY HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't God amazing in Adam & Stef? And you my cousin...a love hearing what He's doing in your heart.

Love you!

karen lee said...

I like this post really good can you share a post about fashion and shoes in shoes I like Skechers

karen lee said...

I was looking for discounted Shoes uk and came across this post I like this

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Ladies Shoes have endless variety these days with the buyers going crazy when they go for shopping. Their facial expression lit up every time they see a pair of shoes which appeals to their heart.