Thursday, April 10, 2008

Babies and Adventures...

I cannot express how blessed I feel to have been able to take care of such fabulous children and watch relationships flourish! We have had some incredible times this week. I am incredibly bummed that I don't have my camera. I would have loved to depict this week through pictures.

I feel as if my children are getting a glimpse of my childhood adventures with my cousins. We used to have the best times. We played Super Heroes with towels pinned to our backs or wrapped around our necks with ribbons all the time. This week the kids have been playing Indiana Jones. I have the perfect picture in my mind of all of the kids on the hammock in the front yard pretending they were on their way to a new "dig." Jace then used the garage to pretend he was punching in a secret code to get into some cave. Then they ran and around and around, escaping from the bad guys, dodging bullets and diving in and out of the trampoline and tree house. I love watching them be adventurous and creative. Jace has the perfect Indi hat and they all had small pieces of rope to use as their whips. It was fantastic!

I also was able to spend some time at the hospital today with the twins. For those of you who don't know me, I used to be a pediatric nurse before becoming a full time mommy. Another glimpse into my life: I don't like leaving my kids with anyone, let alone strangers. So here we are today, I am dropping my children off at gymnastics to hang with Lukas for 3 1/2 hours for a play group with a total stranger. Then off to the hospital to give Steff and Adam some time alone. Let me just say that pictures in no way give the smallest indication of how adorable Daizey and Diezel are. I walked into the pediatric ward and see this little, I mean little, girl walking out of a room with Steff and Diezel right ahead of them. Talk about melting ones heart. They are too cute for words. They are such fighters. They have such a long way to go but they seem to be gaining strength and their determination in inspiring. Daizey moved around that room like there was no boundaries. She crawled into the area under the bed and down right giggled when asked what she was doing. She says hello to most who enter the room and I heard a bye-bye once or twice. The best part...I got to hold them and put them to sleep for their morning naps. Wonderful! Overwhelming love for children I don't know and just met. I am so incredibly thankful that I was able to be here and have that experience! Thank you Lord Jesus, for safe travel, for time off, for time to be here, for adventures and for living out our faith. Thanks be to God!

So, hopefully the twins will continue to gain weight. They had a rough 36 hours with tummy distention and no food because of more tests. I don't know where they expect them to put all of the food they are given to begin with. Steff said that the tests were long and laborious but, they were able to eat lunch. I have not heard from them since about 3pm so, I don't know how lunch went or how the rest of the day transpired. Please continue to pray for healing, for patience with the process of re-learning how to be nourished, for Steff and Adam to be loving and kind to one another in the midst of all of this tension (they have not had any trouble, just covering my bases). Steff just walked in so, I'm off.

2 comments:

Laura Lu said...

So cool how God has orchestrated people to come alongside to be a support and help them. I'm glad that you are also being blessed in the process.

What a bummer about your camera...I'm sure you left in such a flurry.

Enjoy these last days there!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you were there with them!!!