Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chocolate Milk...

I kept David home today from school because he has his first ear infection. He is 6 years old. So, I took him to see his daddy, got a perscription for Amoxil and proceeded with my day. We had so much fun! We ordered him a castle from Amazon that he had finally saved enough money for. We were thrilled when we realized the price had come down $10 and he actually had enough for some accessories. 6 years old and he saved $138 for the Schleig (or something like that) castle. I am so proud of him.

Anyway, we went on to get the medicine and to Target to check out the accessories...On the way, we decided we would eat at Little Caesar's pizza, David's favorite pizza place. I asked him if he wanted to go to the park to eat. "No, let's just eat it in Target." I explained that would not be allowed and he decided we should just eat in the car. We picked out our drink and, thinking he would be "healthy" David got chocolate milk. Can I just say that we should have eaten at the park? All over the front seat as I said, "Let's be real careful with the M I L K...!" Needless to say, we spent the rest of the afternoon, actually I spent the rest of the afternoon, cleaning out the car. Of course, AFTER we went in to check out castle accessories! : )

I thought he was all right and feeling better than last night. I was telling his daddy about the great day we had, just the two of us hanging out, running errands, eating pizza in the car, spilling chocolate milk and spraying each other with water, etc. Then the ugly fever reared up and the crying, whining, sniffling started all over again. Darn that Advil...makes a mother think her child is fine and then it wears off and they are worse than before. Dosed up with more Advil, Amoxil, Zyrtec and off to bed after his shower. Poor baby! Guess we will have another mommy/son day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Stephanee&Zach said...

Roxanne and I prayed that your time with David would be blessed! And we prayed for the twins and your cousins family. What an awesome blessing it was for you to be able to go to MO and to take the kids - just from the glimpses I've seen from the blogs :) I can't wait to hear more about it. I am quite certain that your kids learned more from that time than they missed at school - memories that will last forever!! Hope David is better soon - maybe just peek in tomorrow at the chicks that hatched if he hasn't seen them yet...